Faculty Industry Advisory Board Member
Tony holds a portfolio of roles with several leading Australian and international organizations including :
- Non-Executive Director of AMP Life Limited (& Chair of the Audit Committee),
- Non-Executive Director of Low Carbon Australia (& Chair of the Audit Committee)
- Non-Executive Director of Max BUPA Health Insurance Limited (in India)
- Adjunct Professor at the Business & Economics Faculty of Macquarie University
- Director of Lonergan Edwards & Associates Limited, a corporate advisory & valuation firm
- Non-Executive Director of Antarctic Climate & Ecosystem Co-Operative Research Centre
- Member on the Insurance Working Group of the International Accounting Standards Board
From 2000 until 2008 he was Chief Risk Officer and Group Actuary of Insurance Australia Group (IAG), reporting to IAG’s CEO and a member of IAG’s Group Executive. During his tenure in that role, Standard & Poors recognised the quality of the risk management function lead by Tony by rating IAG as one of only 7 insurers in the world (out of some 250 rated globally) to have “Excellent” risk management processes, the highest rating possible.
Prior to joining IAG, Tony was a Partner of Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PwC) in Australia. His 15 year career at PwC included management roles leading large teams and building significant businesses of the firm, as well as a diverse range of business valuation, corporate finance and advisory work for both public and private sector clients.
Tony is a past President of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia (IAAust) and a former winner of the IAAust’s “Actuary of the Year” award. He has also held leadership roles in the International Actuarial Association (IAA).
Macquarie University awarded Tony an Honorary Doctor of Business Degree in 2011 in recognition of his contributions to risk management, institutional investment and climate change.