Undergraduate Courses in Business and Economics
Choose Your Degree Now, Choose Your Career LaterHow to apply
Macquarie University is renowned as Australia’s most flexible university. The way we see it, we’re here to help you choose a career, and to help you work towards it. We’re not here to lock you into a career before you even know anything about it!
That’s because Macquarie isn’t a rigid ‘Sandstone’ university. We’re a flexible university, built around choice and achievement.
Our Executive Dean, Professor Mark Gabbott, explains why studying with us is a great decision, and how we can help you obtain your career goals.
The Benefits of Studying an Undergraduate Course
For you, this means:
- Flexibility — When you choose a Macquarie degree, you’re choosing flexibility. The flexibility to tailor your studies to your preferences, with a wide choice of electives, instead of being forced to follow some administrator’s idea of what will suit which career. The flexibility to wait until your second year before you choose a major! The flexibility to customise your program to you and your needs.
- Business internships — Gain valuable on-the-job experience with business internships that count towards your degree. Turn work experience into credit points and learn how to apply your knowledge.
- Employment prospects — Prospects for future employment have never looked better. Business and Management graduates are highly sought after and the skills and knowledge you take from your degree are transferable to the commercial world.
- Exchange programs — Study part of your degree overseas by taking part in one of our exciting student exchange programs. We have the largest student exchange program in Australia, with over 370 participating universities from 53 countries around the world. Travel scholarships are also available.
- Master business communications skills — Learn critical business communication skills through the Academic Communication unit — a standard part of every Business and Economics degree.
- A vibrant, flexible, inspiring environment — With high credit point entry requirements and a dynamic mix of students from more than 40 countries, you’ll enjoy unparalleled encouragement, support and inspiration from their peers.
Undergraduate Career Options
Enrolling in one of our degrees is the first step in developing the business and economics skills employers want.
- A number of our degrees are industry accredited
- Earn more - We lead the field in New South Wales when it comes to above average incomes for our graduates in first-time, full-time employment, particularly in business.
- Work ready - You'll have the ability to convert work experience into credit points towards your degree
Take a look at some of the career options you may have on graduation:
Educating Business Professionals
Our Executive Dean Mark Gabbott talks how the Faculty of Business and Economics at Macquarie University educates students to be business professionals, helping you to get ahead.
Skills Employers Want
Pip Dexter from Deloitte talks about what employers are looking for, and how you can acquire those skills while you are still in university.
Hear from our students
Bachelor of Business Administration with the Bachelor of Laws
"I chose Macquarie for its reputation for producing well-rounded graduates with interdisciplinary and industry-focused degrees. I chose my degrees because the Bachelor of Business Administration with the Bachelor of Laws has a diverse study programme that allows students to get a feel for most areas of commerce before allowing you to specialise in your later years. " Jarrad Harvey
Hear from more of our students:
Professional accreditation improves your career prospects significantly. We offer a range of undergraduate degrees which are recognised by key industry bodies, so you graduate with more than just a piece of paper.
Professionally accredited courses include:
- Bachelor of Actuarial Studies
- Bachelor of Applied Finance
- Bachelor of Commerce (Human Resources)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Professional Accounting)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing)
Hear from our graduates
Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing
"The bachelor's program at Macquarie University was the best choice for me. Macquarie will usually give you some sort of leg up to help you secure an intern position, but when it comes down to it, you have to make yourself shine." Liz Lenert