Undergraduate Business Leadership
About Business Leadership
Macquarie University's new Bachelor of Business Leadership is run as an integrated degree with a Bachelor of Commerce. This integrated degree delivers relevant, future-focused and leadership skills which prepare you for the future, and which are in high demand by employers. This 4 year degree integrates high-level soft skills required by employers with high-level technical expertise developed in the Bachelor of Commerce.
- develop higher level skills to lead people
- work collaboratively
- rapidly adapt to changing circumstances
- come up with innovative and creative solutions to business problems
- communicate clearly and effectively
- manage diversity
- This course combines personal leadership development with a more traditional professional degree.
- The degree is designed for students who demonstrate the motivation to extend their business learning to include the theory and application of leadership.
- The program builds knowledge and skills in critical thinking, professional judgement and problem solving through skill-based learning.
- Leadership subjects taught from 2nd year.
What you study
5 core Commerce subjects
Choose 1 Major
Complete 8 Core Leadership Subjects
|=||Bachelor of Business Leadership and Commerce Degree|
Where can you go?
Business leadership graduates are in high demand and can find diverse roles within all industries. Roles on offer can include:
- Business analyst
- Human resources manager
- Management consultant
- Marketing consultant
- Public and community sector manager
- Recruitment and staff development consultant
- Sales manager
- General Mathematics is assumed knowledge. Mathematics is required for economics, accounting and finance Majors. You can study a first-year mathematics unit to acquire the assumed knowledge.
How to Apply
Applications for 2015 are open, please see below for further details.
- Create your CV
- Apply through UAC
- Select "Apply"
- Select your UAC code: 300206
- Upload CV through UAC's 'Check and Change' screen immediately after you have completed and saved your application. CV applications were due through UAC by 30 September 2014.
- Shortlisted CV applicants will be notified via email for an interview between 10-14 November 2014.
- Interviews will be held on campus or via Skype from 17-28 November 2014.
- If the interview is successful a position will be offered.
Students wishing to return to study at Macquarie University should visit the Previous Macquarie Students webpage, for further information and application procedures.