Undergraduate Global Business
Gain the experience and knowledge that will take you around the world!
The new Bachelor of Global Business combines a commercial understanding of global business, a major in an Asian or European language and an internship in an international company, either in Australia or overseas.
- Combines business skills, entrepreneurship and global trade law with historical and cultural contexts, giving you a well-rounded understanding of business at an international level.
- Gain access to the widest selection of tertiary languages in Australia and learn from native speakers.
- Our focus on the relationship between language, history and culture, ensures you develop a deeper understanding of your chosen language.
- The Bachelor of Global Business has a compulsory placement as part of the core program, either overseas or with an international business operating locally.
Targeted at high quality students, this degree combines a commercial understanding of global business, a major in an Asian or European language and an internship in an international company, either in Australia or overseas.
In the Bachelor of Global Business you will study a range of business subjects, including Principles of Management, Marketing Fundamentals, Introduction to Global Business, and Entrepreneurship and New Venture Management.
- Business Operations
- Business Strategy
- Cross Cultural Management
- Global Business
- Language study
- Trade Law
- Workplace experience (internship)
Language Major options include:
- Chinese Studies
- Chinese-English Translation and Interpreting
- French Studies
- Italian Studies
- Japanese Studies
- Modern Greek Studies
- Polish Studies
- Russian Studies
- Spanish and Latin American Studies
Where can you go?
Global Business graduates finish with workplace experience and bilingualism. This enhances your ability to obtain employment in your preferred career path, domestically or internationally.
Employment could include:
- Account executive
- Associate management consultant
- Global Business analyst
- Global Business development officer
- Global Business journalist
- Global Communications manager
- International relations manager
- Operations analyst
- Political adviser
- Public service, including trade facilitation, diplomatic and foreign affairs
- Interpreter and translator (Chinese - English)
- Relevant English language proficiency required
- IELTS 6.5 for international students
- Mathematics knowledge is assumed
Students who do not have the assumed mathematics will be able to do a mathematics subject for credit as part of the degree.