Red Bull - Marketing Internship
Elias El-indari is currently in his 3rd year of the Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing) program, and throughout his internship with Red Bull he has had the opportunity to put his knowledge into practice.
"Being educated about the different concepts and key learning points throughout the study of my marketing units has allowed me to put all this theory to practice at Red Bull and vice versa."
Throughout his internship with Red Bull, Elias has been able to work with various departments in the company which has fuelled his passion for marketing and specifically, brand management. He has had the opportunity to work on major events, such as:
- The Red Bull X-Fighters on Cockatoo Island
- The Red Bull Rapids
- The Red Bull Manny Mania,
- The Red Bull Thre3style
- and The Red Bull Cliff Diving.
He was recently assigned to the role of Red Bull Race Off assistant, to assist in the promotional activities for the company in the up and coming 2012 Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix at Albert Park in Melbourne.
He has been given the opportunity to be heavily involved in the following areas of promotion for the event, including:
- Liaising and working alongside Red Bull’s event partners (such as Coles)
- Approving website and online / iPhone application’s
- Organising internal staff events specifically related to the Red Bull Race Off
- Managing consumer prize winners
- Updating various stakeholder’s on the promotion's progress both internally and externally, as well as comparing sales trends
- and ensuring artwork and designs were consistent with the Red Bull branding.
For any student who is considering an internship, Elias says,
"Being taught something is something on its own, but having the opportunity to put your learning into practice is what ensures you understand a company as a whole. My chance to network and meet people who can influence my career is invaluable!"
- Elias El-indari - (Bachelor of Commerce - Marketing)
More internship stories
- Ashland Singapore - Darcy Le
Darcy Le completed an 18 day internship in Singapore. Through FOBE300, she was able to include it as a unit of study in her B. Commerce (International Business)and B. Science double degree.More about the story: 'Ashland Singapore - Darcy Le'
- International internships
Marcello Pinto and Luke Dominish are just two of our students who have had the chance to work overseas as part of their university studies, through the FOBE300 PACE unit. More about the story: 'International internships'
- Rufus & Coco - Marketing Internship
Rufus & Coco partnered with us to provide Marketing Internship placements to four students.
More about the story: 'Rufus & Coco - Marketing Internship'
- Access MQ - Laura Ward
Laura Ward completed an internship with Access MQ as part of her Bachelor of Commerce. More about the story: 'Access MQ - Laura Ward'
- Access MQ - Alexandra Stephanou
Alexandra Stephanou completed an internship with Access MQ as part of her Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing). More about the story: 'Access MQ - Alexandra Stephanou'
- Microsoft Australia - Ronan Chander
Ronan Chander completed a work placement at Microsoft through our PACE program, allowing him to count it as a unit of study in his Bachelor of Commerce.
More about the story: 'Microsoft Australia - Ronan Chander'
- Accessible Arts - Rebecca Canty
Rebecca Canty did an internship with Accessible Arts through the PACE unit "Working with and employing people with a disability".
"It's been really great to be able to interact with a lot of different people who are really inspiring." More about the story: 'Accessible Arts - Rebecca Canty'
- Indigenous employment and engagement internships
PACE at Macquarie University offered an Indigenous Employment & Engagement stream to students studying FOBE200. Hear from our students about their experiences in an Indigenous internship placement.
- Arnel Yutuc (B.Comm(Prof Acct) & B.Law) - Department of Human Services
- Jay Palese (B.Bus Admin) - Qantas
- High as a Keyte - Marketing Internship
Andrea Spagnol - High as a Keyte (Marketing Internship) More about the story: 'High as a Keyte - Marketing Internship'
- GlaxoSmithKline - Marketing Internship
Nicole Westacott - Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing) More about the story: 'GlaxoSmithKline - Marketing Internship'
- Wesfarmers - Accounting Internship
Karina Scott (Bachelor of Accounting)
More about the story: 'Wesfarmers - Accounting Internship'
- Beiersdorf Australia - Marketing Internship
Laura Duck (Bachelor of Commerce - Marketing) More about the story: 'Beiersdorf Australia - Marketing Internship '
- Beiersdorf Australia – Marketing Internship
Melissa Airs - (Bachelor of Commerce - Marketing) More about the story: 'Beiersdorf Australia – Marketing Internship '
- V8 Supercars – Marketing Internship
Nicola King - (Bachelor of Business Administration)
More about the story: 'V8 Supercars – Marketing Internship '
- Sydney Fish Market - Marketing Internship
Basak Yildiz (Bachelor of Commerce - International Business and Marketing) More about the story: 'Sydney Fish Market - Marketing Internship'
- Sydney Fish Market - Marketing Internship
Tessie Giordimaina (Bachelor of Commerce - Marketing and Economics) More about the story: 'Sydney Fish Market - Marketing Internship '
- Citigroup - HR Internship
Josh Cass (Bachelor of Commerce - Human Resources) More about the story: 'Citigroup - HR Internship'
- JigoCity - Marketing Internship
Yann Soli (Bachelor of Commerce - Marketing) More about the story: 'JigoCity - Marketing Internship'
- Holocentric - Marketing Internship
Katrina Wong (Bachelor of Commerce - Marketing) More about the story: 'Holocentric - Marketing Internship'
- Nielsen - HR Internship
Zoe Viatos (Bachelor of Commerce - Human Resources) More about the story: 'Nielsen - HR Internship'
- GlaxoSmithKline - Finance Internship
Vanessa Daaboul (Bachelor of Applied Finance with Bachelor of Laws) More about the story: 'GlaxoSmithKline - Finance Internship '